6 Things NOT to Say to an Entrepreneur
This is going to be far from a complete or exhaustive list, but you should get the gist.
First of all, the question you need to ask yourself is exactly what kind of people you are trying to attract to your business. Newbies? Boomers? Spammers? Opportunity jumpers? Or is is perhaps ENTREPRENEURS?
Entrepreneurs come in all shapes, sizes, ages, colors, countries, budgets, skill sets, and commitment ranges. Yet, they have some things in common that you absolutely must consider if you are going to attract them.
Here aresome things NOT to say to them as a start, and the reasons why. After you have a relationship with someone, you can try some of these, but for a first communication, they are strikeouts.
1. I am the GREATEST!!!!! -- No you aren't. To an entrepreneur, greatness is earned by performance, not by declaration, and if you have to proclaim it, they aren't going to believe it.
2. YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!! -- No I don't. One of the major reasons we have chosen to work for ourselves is because we don't take orders very well, and that looks suspiciously like an order.
3. GET IN BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!! -- Not interested. If something is really going to be "too late" soon enough to warrant three or four exclamation points, it certainly isn't going to produce long term income, now, is it?
4. SIMPLY WATCH THIS EXCITING 20 MINUTE VIDEO!!! -- Sorry. Don't have the time. If you want to give me a reason to take a look at your business, do it in a sentence or two. I don't have 20 minutes to waste on something I might not be interested in, and neither do my contacts.
5. Go to www.worldsgreatestbiz.com/home/?id=joeblow -- Sorry again. If you could teach me something, you probably could send me somewhere besides an obvious affiliate link.
6. YOU'LL DIE IF YOU DON'T TAKE THIS PRODUCT!!!!-- I'm going to die someday anyway, but how do you know I'm not already on some kind of health plan?
If someone's first message to me is one of these, they are basically done. I'm looking for value, and I actually get to be the judge of that. How about you? What things do you automatically eliminate from consideration?